- All singers must be vaccinated and up-to-date on boosters, including the most recent prevalent booster. For the Spring, 2023 session, you will need to provide documentation during online registration, due December 30, 2022.
- While we are not requiring a rapid covid test before each rehearsal, we do expect participants to be responsible. If you are feeling sick or know you have been exposed, do not come to rehearsal. To mitigate the effects of potential missed rehearsals, we will record rehearsals so that you can still participate at your convenience during the week.
- All singers will be issued a singer’s mask at our first rehearsal; the cost of the mask is included in your membership fee. We will provide markers for you to identify your mask at that time.
- Use of masks in rehearsals may vary according to current conditions. At this time we believe that the use of masks will be optional for some parts of most rehearsals; however if conditions change we may require the consistent use of masks.
Your membership in the chorus is a covenant commitment with the leadership, other chorus members, and yourself to devote yourself to the work of making the group successful. This commitment includes the following:
- Your membership is an agreement on your part to devote at least one hour per week (minimum) outside of rehearsal to learning and rehearsing the music using the tools provided. While one hour/week is the minimum, 15 minutes or more per day is recommended.
- If you have to miss a rehearsal due to illness or other constraints, you will be expected to review and practice with the recording of the missed rehearsal in a timely manner, preferably within the week.
Basic Membership Requirements
- You must love to sing!
- It is expected that singers will have a basic understanding of musical notation and the ability to follow where we are in rehearsals. This does not mean you are expected to sight read, but that the musical notation should be familiar enough to serve as a “map” in rehearsal and as an aid in your practice time.
- You should be able, with practice, to sing your part accurately, on pitch and in rhythm as written.